General discussions and announcements about Thymio and Aseba happen on the aseba-thymio mailing lists (en, fr), please join them to be kept informed if you wish to contribute. If you are an educator interested in working with us, please join the education mailing list.
This page is a resource directory for Thymio/Aseba contributors. The development takes place on github and on this wiki. These two servers provide facilities for collaborative open-source projects. Even if you are not tech-oriented, help is always welcome for answering questions on the forum.
These Wiki pages are relevant when contributing to Thymio:
- Naming conventions for Thymio
- Help us translate the VPL tutorial.
- Help us translate the text-based programming exercises.
- Firmware Release Notes
- Source Code
- Hardware schematics
The source-code repository and bug tracker of Aseba are on github. Technical issues on the Aseba development itself not relevant to the larger community are to be discussed on the Aseba developer mailing list.
These Wiki pages are relevant when contributing to Aseba:
- Naming conventions for Aseba
- Aseba Localization Project: Help us translate Aseba into your language…
- Commit Policy
- Release Process
- Release Notes
- Understanding source tree
- Aseba on other robots: E-puck, Smartrob
The pages on this Wiki are currently translated in seven languages: French, German, English (UK spelling), Spanish, Italian and Chinese (simplified). You are welcome to contribute to the translation process. If you wish to translate into another language, please contact us on the mailing list.
If you are new to Wiki, begin with this tutorial on how to create a page and then, please have a look at these links.
- What is a Wiki site?
- How to edit pages?
- Overview of Wiki syntax
- Detailed Wiki syntax
- Wikidot documentation
Then, read these pages to understand how this Wiki works specifically:
- Translations of Wiki pages
- Work-in-progress pages
- Attic, pages that are kept for archiving
Some useful links when working with the Wiki:
- If you want to contribute to Thymio or to the Wiki: Aseba Thymio mailing list in English, Aseba Thymio mailing list in French
- If you are an educator and want to discuss with your peers: Education mailing list
- If you want to contribute to Aseba itself: Aseba developer mailing list
You are welcome to contribute to the Thymio II community by editing this wiki. You can sign in on the top right of this page with a wikidot login or with your facebook login. You can follow our activities on our youtube channel, on facebook or on google+.
Download dev version & release notes
You can see the changes between versions in the release notes.
You can also install the development version.