Aseba 1.2 Release Notes
This page tracks branch 1.2.x.
1.2.2 - released 17.05.2013
- Hidden function are now shown at start if the setting says so (issue #181).
- Studio main windows now properly resize on small screens (issue #172).
- Added Italian translation to Challenge.
- Updated other translations.
Thymio Firmware Updater
- Renamed thymioflasher into thymioupdater for consistency.
- Binary now has consistently the "Thymio Firmware Updater" on all platforms.
- Silent install now works, just use the '/S' switch on the command line (mind the uppercase)
- On a new install, the install.log was truncated due to the missing output directory at the beginning of the process
- Thymio Flasher was renamed to Thymio Firmware Updater
1.2.1 - released 28.03.2013
- Thymio Firmware Updater is now a robust program, independent from Studio (issue #153)
- Updated translations
- Now able to recover from disconnection
- Fixed unicode unity test (bug #23)
- Compiler crash fixed (bug #162)
- Incorrect filename in title bar (bug #171)
- Help browser: navigation links (left menu) were not updated when navigating inside the documentation (bug #175)
- When editing the name of a constant inside studio, the name was blanked (bug related to wish #98)
Windows-specific bugs fixed
- Fixed crash of aseba studio when loading a Marxbot AESL (bug #120)
- Fixed installation on Windows 8 (see wininstall)
- Fixed missing asebaswitch, added the new thymioflasher
- The development package was installed at the same location than the regular Aseba, due to a bug in the packaging script. The defaut location is now AsebaDev inside user's home
- Fixed missing headers in the development package
- When installed, the entries in the Start Menu are now better sorted
- Use Qt 4.8.4, instead of Qt 4.8.2
- Use gcc (mingw) 4.5, instead of 4.4 (fix for the windows-specific bug)
1.2.0 - released 02.09.2012
- Added helper tool to execute an external program upon reception of a given event.
- Generalized the support of temporary variables at the end of the memory space:
- Allow generic expressions in function calls.
- Allow generic expressions for arrays' index.
- Generalized array/tuple support:
- Anonymous arrays can be created with a comma-separated list of expressions enclosed by . Anonymous arrays are accepted anywhere a static array was accepted, and their usage was further extended to any r-value.
- Mathematical operators now work on arrays.
- Array subscript can now be used as l-values.
- Simplify constant expressions at compile time:
- Array sizes can be defined using constant expressions.
- Constant expressions can be used to statically access arrays.
- Added return instruction.
- Make an error when a variable has the same name as a constant.
- Translation support of error messages.
- Added Visual Programming Language for Thymio.
- Added configuration dialogue.
- Added automatic reconnection support.
- Improved management of constants and events:
- Constants can be renamed.
- Added reordering of events and constants by drag & drop.
- Added display of memory usage.
- Compiler error messages are now translated by Qt and displayed in the same language as Studio.
- Auto-completion of names (variables, constants, local and user events, native functions) while typing.
- Added the keyword toolbar.
- Line PC+1 is visible when in debugging in step-by-step.
- Minor usability improvements (more consistent naming, re-factored menus).
- Widgets are not any more drawn on OpenGL as this caused problems.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Fixed crash on OS X.
- Fixed crash when stream closes unexpectedly.
- Windows: fix editor's selection colour when using the find dialogue.
- Improved coverage of unit tests.